Have you participated in a race, navigating only by your GPS bike computer? If not then you have to check out the Bielie Mielie MTB Classic. There’s a 65km and a 101km route that you’ll navigate via GPS making this the perfect training ride for the joBerg2C. The Bielie Mielie MTB Classic traverses part of the joBerg2C’s Day 2 & 3 route and now, for the first time an SASeeding event timed by BoutTime.co.za
Come and join us for one of South Africa’s greatest MTB Classics, enjoy the beautiful scenery after the long-awaited rain, the famous Free State Koeksisters and the friendly farmers opening their farms for the race.
There will be 4 fabulous water points on route manned by friendly faces and stocked with Coke, Koeksisters, Energade, Banana’s, Bar-One’s & baby Potatoes. There will also be chain lube available and lens cleaning stations etc.
The best burgers in the Free State will be sold at the finish line along with ice cold beers, ciders, wine & cool drinks.
The route takes a clover leaf format from Reitz and includes parts of day two and day three of the Old Mutual joBerg2c. “Expect mielies and mielies of singletrack, real tractors, proper Afrikaans farmers and grazing gazing cattle,” says Wappo. Of course, you don’t have to tackle all 101-kays and there is a shorter 65kay option – vibes and views still guaranteed.
Well that’s just about enough motivation for us.
First 50 entries will receive a free T-Shirt as well.
Check out their Facebook Page for the latest updates.
Important Notice: The Bielie Mielie route goes through private farms and only paid participants are allowed to ride on these private farms during the day of the event. Unauthorised riders accessing these farms without permission will be banned from any Sani2C, Joberg2C, Berg & Bush, Wines2Whales, Compendium, Hill2Hill, BoutTime, Wildtrail, AfriAdventures, 3 Mountains & Advendurance events for life.
65KM Route Files [Download]
101KM Route Files [Download]
The easiest way to load your route files is to follow our easy to use installation guide below. If you struggle or need additional help, please contact us directly or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Navigating this route will be of vital importance so here is a guide on how to load the routes to your Garmin Edge bicycle computer.
Remember to update your device to the latest software version, Garmin Connect will let you know if your device needs an update. To create your free Garmin Connect account, go to the Garmin Connect website
STEP 1: Connect your Garmin Edge device to your computer select the device in My Computer (Win) or Devices in Finder (Mac)
Step 2: In the root folder of your device, open the Garmin folder and then open the NewFiles folder from the list.
Step 3: Copy and past the files in the NewFiles folder.
Step 4: Disconnect your device and the files will automatically be loaded in your courses folder on your device.
Enjoy the race!
When: 25 March 2017, Saturday.
Premises will open at 5h00 , 101km will start at 7h00 SHARP and the 65km just thereafter.
Where: Reitz Show Grounds or check on Google Maps
- 65km MTB Race – R180
- 101km MTB Race – R250
- Friday night pre-race: Legendary Lamb Shank Potjie – R50
- Clean & neat hostel accommodation with security – R150/night
- Bring your own tent and we will provide you with a stand, electricity & ablution – R50/night
- Contact one of our preferred guest houses for accommodation
Your entry will include the following
- Great scenic route including parts of Day 2 & 3 of the famous joBerg2C
- Prizes worth R5,000 to be won supplied by our sponsors.
- Now SASeeding Event prior of the joBerg2C
- Ample parking
- Best hamburgers in town for sale after the race with ice cold beers, ciders, cooldrinks & wine
- First 50 paid entries will receive a T-Shirt
- BoutTime will ensure for instant results on your phone, website & on our electronic result boards at the finish, no more waiting
- 4x Well stocked water/nutritionpoints
- Stocked with Coke, water, Powerade, banana’s, Bar-One’s, Koeksisters, Potatoes
- Chain lube & Lens cleaning Stations
- EFT’s: Thursday, 23 March 2017 at midnight (Please provide POP)
- Online Entries: Thursday, 24 March 2017 at midnight
- Late Line Entries will take place at the Bielie Mielie Show Grounds Friday afternoon between 17:00 & 21:00 and on Saturday morning between 5:00 and 6:45. (Cash & SnapScan Only)
- Registration will take place at the Bielie Mielie Show Grounds Friday afternoon between 17:00 & 21:00 and on Saturday morning between 5:00 and 6:45.
Entries limited to 400 riders for this event(55 & 101km combined). We can easily accommodate this amount of riders in terms of parking and the route without having bottlenecks and by the use of proper seeding. We would like to keep it at a maximum of 400 riders to make it enjoyable for everyone.