WHAT’S NEW in version 22.05
T4A GPS Maps 22.05 comes preloaded on a microSD card with standard adapter, ready for Plug & Navigate. This SD card can be used on most map capable Garmin units and has been tested with latest Drive models as well. This product is not compatible to iGO in car navigation systems, Android or iOS devices
T4A GPS Maps 22.05 comes preloaded on a micro SD card with standard adapter, ready for Plug & Navigate. This SD card can be used on most map capable Garmin handheld units and has been tested with latest Drive units as well.
We processed 360 data submissions for this version. These data submissions not only contribute more roads and POIs to the map but also improve the quality of existing data by means of corrections.
T4A GPS Maps 21.10 comes preloaded on a micro SD card with standard adapter, ready for Plug & Navigate. This SD card can be used on most map capable Garmin handheld units and has been tested with latest Drive units as well.
We processed 356 data submissions for this version. These data submissions not only contribute more roads and POIs to the map but also improve the quality of existing data by means of corrections.
4WD, Hiking and MTB trails
- Barrydale Hiking Trails Updated
- Cape St. Francis Hiking Trails added
- Hiking trails added at Fleckvieh Guestfarm @ Grootvadersbosch Landgoed near Swellendam
National parks, game reserves and protected areas
- Mont Rochelle Nature Reserve updated
- Liuwa Plains National Park updated
- Karoo National Park updated
- South African farmstalls have been added and updated
- bays added along South African Coastline
- road breaks identified and marked over Africa
- Groot Schuur Farm Lodging, Trails & POI’s added
- bypasses have been updated
- Guest Farm & De Akker Campsite added
- Long Pool Campsite near Richmond added
- Otavi Vineyards Self-Catering & Campsite added
- Spookfontein Self-Catering Cottages added
- Karin Palm Resort added
- Elim Retreat added
- Goerapan Lodge updated
- Antananarivo bypasses, metros and streets added & updated
- Eastern Africa Road conditions updated
- …..and a lot more
T4A GPS Maps is a highly detailed fully routable map of Africa for self-drive tourists as well as for overlanders who want to explore remote places in Africa. We also cater for the average outdoors person who enjoys hiking, fishing, birding, mountain biking and 4x4 trails.
Key map statistics:
- 1 382 306km of roads and detailed tourist coverage
- 182 045 points of interest including 4 559 camp sites, 17 625 accommodation listings, 7 854 places to eat/drink and 14 635 fuel stations
- 2 593 parks and reserves covered in detail
Detailed street coverage for Southern and Eastern Africa is now included but street numbers are not available.
The entire African continent is covered in high detail except for the less-travelled areas where information and track data is moderately detailed or where only overland routes and little infrastructure are available.
T4A GPS Maps are for compatible Garmin GPS units.
The maps are NOT compatible with other GPS brands, Android or iOS devices, and will NOT work in iGO or vehicle built-in navigation systems (contact the relevant motor dealer for that manufacturer’s OEM upgrade availability).
please go to https://shop.tracks4africa.co.za to register your 22.05 version (the free upgrade will be emailed as a download link directly from T4A after the next version is released). Thereafter registered clients will receive 50% discounts on all future upgrades (please contact T4A directly).
Other PRODUCTS from TRACKS4AFRICA
Our AFRICA WALL MAP is printed at a scale of 1:4million and laminated on both sides. The dimensions are 1300 x 980 mm.
The map coverage includes countries from South Africa in the south to Ethiopia in the east and Gabon in the west.
Printed in full colour, all major and secondary roads are shown with national parks and country borders clearly visible and provides a surprising amount of detail to the self-drive traveller. The map also shows towns and a good number of tracks in remote areas. Major tourist attractions are indicated where space allows for it. International airports and country borders suitable for vehicle crossings are also indicated.
The map is perfect for macro planning of extended road trips across the African continent up to Ethiopia and Gabon, or to hang at home and mark all your past adventures!
The Paper Maps are designed to be used in conjunction with the T4A GPS Maps. They are the largest available maps of Botswana, Mozambique & Malawi, Namibia, South Africa and Zambia on a 1:1 000 000 scale, offering the perfect trip planning tool for your next holiday.
These maps are probably the first comprehensive country maps in the world offering travel time information for the entire road network be it on tar, gravel or sand.
- Travel times and distances included on the map
- Detailed information on camp sites and attractions
- Large 1:1 000 000 scale with shaded relief included as background
- Comprehensive set of roads and tracks in Parks and Reserves
- Border crossings with opening and closing times
- Printed on durable 90gsm PolyArt paper which is water and tear resistant
SELF-DRIVE GUIDE BOOKS
The format has changed from A5 to A4, the content has been fully revised, and a few extras have been added including suggested itineraries and a new atlas section featuring detailed maps of each country.
These books are the combined experiences of a whole community of travellers and are specifically aimed at self-drive travellers. If you are a self-drive tourist, there are five things that you need to know when you are on the road: where to sleep, where to get fuel, what to see and do, where to buy supplies, and where to go in case of an emergency.
Content covered in these books includes: general information about each country; safety and precaution; trip planning; navigation; preparing your vehicle for overland travel; communication; border post red tape; veterinary fences; health; pitfalls to renting a 4x4 with camping equipment; things you should not go without.