WHAT’S NEW in version 21.10
We have completed our new road atlas project for Southern and Eastern Africa. This project brought a lot of map clean-up and standardization to our data.
We identified areas where we needed to clean up or add data. Our Point Of Interest (POI) content team also worked through this entire region to bring new POIs into the database, and mapping services in each town.
You will see in the data stats that we had significant POI growth in Eastern Africa and in particular with regards to accommodation and food & drink categories.
T4A GPS Maps 21.10 comes preloaded on a micro SD card with standard adapter, ready for Plug & Navigate. This SD card can be used on most map capable Garmin handheld units and has been tested with latest Drive units as well.
We processed 356 data submissions for this version. These data submissions not only contribute more roads and POIs to the map but also improve the quality of existing data by means of corrections.
4WD, Hiking and MTB trails
- Banhoek Conservancy hiking trails added
- Gouritzmond hiking trail updates
National parks, game reserves and protected areas
- Tierkloof Campsite added in Kagga Kamma NR
- Arnion Nature Reserve added
- Lefika Camp in Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park added
- Somkhanda Game Reserve POI and track updates
- tracks updated East of Lusaka and Lower Zambezi NP
- Williston (Northern Cape) roads added and names updated
- Wild Coast lodges added
- Dwarskersbos street name updates
- Maratsanga Sacred Spring added
- updates around Nakuru in Kenya
- Swakopmund, Henties and Walvis Bay road updates
- new tracks around Dullstroom added
- Sunshine Bay Beach Resort added
- Grand Ethiopian Renaissance Dam added
- Tracks and POI updates in Palmwag Concession, Puros, Spitzkoppe and Sesfontein
- Kalahariland Guest Farm near Aranos added
- Wyzerdrift Campsite added
- De Breede Smal Campsite added
- …..and a lot more
T4A GPS Maps is a highly detailed fully routable map of Africa for self-drive tourists as well as for overlanders who want to explore remote places in Africa. We also cater for the average outdoors person who enjoys hiking, fishing, birding, mountain biking and 4x4 trails.
Key map statistics:
- 1 377 516km of roads and detailed tourist coverage
- 179 267 points of interest including 4 456 camp sites, 17 401 accommodation listings, 7 729 places to eat/drink and 14 626 fuel stations
- 2 582 parks and reserves covered in detail
Detailed street coverage for Southern and Eastern Africa is now included but street numbers are not available.
The entire African continent is covered in high detail except for the less-travelled areas where information and track data is moderately detailed or where only overland routes and little infrastructure are available.
T4A GPS Maps are for compatible Garmin GPS units.
The maps are NOT compatible with other GPS brands, Android or iOS devices, and will NOT work in iGO or vehicle built-in navigation systems (contact the relevant motor dealer for that manufacturer’s OEM upgrade availability).
To receive a free upgrade to version 22.05 please go to https://shop.tracks4africa.co.za to register your 21.10 version (the free upgrade will be emailed as a download link directly from T4A after the next version is released). Thereafter registered clients will receive 50% discounts on all future upgrades (please contact T4A directly).
Other PRODUCTS from TRACKS4AFRICA
Our AFRICA WALL MAP is printed at a scale of 1:4million and laminated on both sides. The dimensions are 1300 x 980 mm.
The map coverage includes countries from South Africa in the south to Ethiopia in the east and Gabon in the west.
Printed in full colour, all major and secondary roads are shown with national parks and country borders clearly visible and provides a surprising amount of detail to the self-drive traveller. The map also shows towns and a good number of tracks in remote areas. Major tourist attractions are indicated where space allows for it. International airports and country borders suitable for vehicle crossings are also indicated.
The map is perfect for macro planning of extended road trips across the African continent up to Ethiopia and Gabon, or to hang at home and mark all your past adventures!
The Paper Maps are designed to be used in conjunction with the T4A GPS Maps. They are the largest available maps of Botswana, Mozambique & Malawi, Namibia, South Africa and Zambia on a 1:1 000 000 scale, offering the perfect trip planning tool for your next holiday.
These maps are probably the first comprehensive country maps in the world offering travel time information for the entire road network be it on tar, gravel or sand.
- Travel times and distances included on the map
- Detailed information on camp sites and attractions
- Large 1:1 000 000 scale with shaded relief included as background
- Comprehensive set of roads and tracks in Parks and Reserves
- Border crossings with opening and closing times
- Printed on durable 90gsm PolyArt paper which is water and tear resistant
SELF-DRIVE GUIDE BOOKS
The format has changed from A5 to A4, the content has been fully revised, and a few extras have been added including suggested itineraries and a new atlas section featuring detailed maps of each country.
These books are the combined experiences of a whole community of travellers and are specifically aimed at self-drive travellers. If you are a self-drive tourist, there are five things that you need to know when you are on the road: where to sleep, where to get fuel, what to see and do, where to buy supplies, and where to go in case of an emergency.
Content covered in these books includes: general information about each country; safety and precaution; trip planning; navigation; preparing your vehicle for overland travel; communication; border post red tape; veterinary fences; health; pitfalls to renting a 4x4 with camping equipment; things you should not go without.